Executive Director of CEE Bankwatch Network
6. 11. 2019 - PRAHA [CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.]
The network aims to prevent the environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international finance and to promote alternative solutions and public participation across Central and Eastern Europe and beyond. As one of the largest networks of Central and Eastern European non-governmental organisations, Bankwatch has a proven track record of success in its more than 20 years of campaigning on issues of international finance, environmental protection, and safeguarding human rights and development. The network has its main office in Prague, but the majority of the 40-plus staff work in offices across the region.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the further development and implementation of the strategy of the network devised by its 17 member groups, to oversee the overall management of the organisation, to represent Bankwatch towards public institutions and funders, and to lead and support staff based in several countries. Executive Director heads the Management Team and reports to the Executive Committee.
● Successful track record of strategic leadership in non-profit organisations
● Demonstrated experience in representing interests towards political and social actors
● Understanding of socio-economic drivers which can lead to environmental and social degradation
● Understanding of financial management, budget planning and budget execution
● Commitment to Bankwatch mission, vision and values, and capacity to lead campaigns for the implementation of the Bankwatch strategy
● Ability to proactively seek and provide feedback, strong emotional intelligence
● Excellent spoken and written communication skills
● Fluent English in speaking and writing
Preference will be given to candidates that
● Have experience in Central and Eastern Europe
● Have fundraising record with institutional and private funders for NGOs
● Can demonstrate leadership experience in international organisations or coalitions
The Executive Director is expected to work from Bankwatch Prague office or be based in one of the countries of Bankwatch operation and spend up to a week per month in Prague office. Work will involve considerable amount of travel.
The salary for the position is competitive for the non profit sector in the region and commensurate with relevant experience. In addition, the position includes a generous benefits package that offers the possibility for personal and professional development and extended sabbatical.
Bankwatch strives to provide equal opportunities to all applicants. You'll be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, skin colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability status.
If you feel you meet our criteria please send your motivation letter and CV with two references to ED@bankwatch.org.
If you have questions, please email the same address with the subject line “Question”.
The deadline for applications is 15 December 2019.